Another HD problem

For all discussions regarding the JVC HM-HDS4 (80GB hard disk and S-VHS recorder)

Moderators: andywilks, Geert Jan

TonyHDS4

Another HD problem

Post by TonyHDS4 »

My HDS4 has gone on the blink ie it will not boot.

When I switch on it attempts to boot several times (blue light comes on as it tries) but eventually times out. VCR works OK.

Disconnection from the mains does not cure it this time. I was caught out on this 2/3 months after I bought it. It failed to boot so I returned it to the dealer. Guess what - it worked by the time he put it on the bench! He never explained this was a "feature" unless he did not know.

I expect the software wants reloading onto the HD, but unsurprisingly I have no copy to clone. What is the chance of getting hold of a Ghost copy or similar?

I doubt if the HD has packed up as yet - the machine has not been on that often as I have access to other HD recorders. This one is the only one with a SVHS tape deck and in/out firewire.

Many thanks

T
Andy Cippico
Site Admin

Post by Andy Cippico »

Hi Tony. Sorry to hear about your HDS4. I don't know anything about this beast but my fellow BBS admin AndyWilks might know. I'd PM him from this BBS to ask him. This link should get you through to the right place: http://www.cippico.com/bbs/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=4

Andy.