User database pruning.

Latest news and stuff like that.
Andy Cippico
Site Admin

User database pruning.

Post by Andy Cippico »

Membership Pruning
I have had to prune the membership list because php robots were signing up automatically to this forum and spreading their vile marketing scams. We ended up with a huge number of fictitious members, making it very unwieldy at times.

Missing Account?
Now.... during my membership purge I may have deleted some valid accounts. I deleted them based upon the web site address - which normally pointed towards some unsavoury or medicinal-based product. If one of these was yours and was perfectly valid or innocent then I humbly apologise. I had to do something as the total number of members was exceeding 500. Call me suspicious, but I'm sure we don't have 500 JVC users signed up. Some had to go. That's the way it is.

The Revised Registration Process
All new members are now required to use image identification as part of the registration process. This will involve identifying a series of random numbers and letters in a small picture area and typing them in as you are registering. Don't worry, it's fairly self-explanatory. It'll make sense once you see it.

Many thanks,
Andy
Forum Admin.