DR-MH200 DR-MH300 Problems

For all discussions regarding JVC DVD recorders.

Moderator: andywilks

andywilks

DR-MH200 DR-MH300 Problems

Post by andywilks »

DRMH200 Watch for ripple on the 5v rail to the HDD/DVD change C5340
This will give the loading symptom.

DRMH300 Most of these suffer from faulty DVD drives. Even the 'fixed' replacements are failing :cry:
They aren't cheap if out of warranty... and JVC don't always have them in stock...you'll wait weeks.
Last edited by andywilks on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kungmats

Post by kungmats »

Hi!

Do you know if 200 is the same as 220?

I got a DR-MH220 that says "Please wait" when I try to start it up and continue with this for hours without starting.
You can also hear the HDD booting, on and on again.

However some times I can make it work if Im lucky and it works just fine until next time ....

The 5v gives me 4.96 with the multimeter and the 12v gives me 11.96.
How ever right now the machine works when I get these results.

I can't find C5340 on the power board. All my C:s has numbers like C103, C104, C105 etc.

Any suggestions?
andywilks

Post by andywilks »

I haven't come across the MH220, and therefore its likely just to be a more modern variation with different circuit boards, hence the component references aren't the same.

However the fault is likely to be the same, so change some of the capacitors- in particular the ones feeding the 12v and 5v rails to the dvd-rom and Hdd connectors. Measuring with a meter at the voltage won't help identify the faulty ones. An oscilloscope is needed to see the ripple on the line

Andrew
rochusshermit

Post by rochusshermit »

Hello kungmats,

I have got the same problem with my mh220. It keeps telling my "please wait". Have you got a solution for it?

Thanks for your help!
andywilks

Post by andywilks »

Response is as above.

If anyone with this model has the circuit references of any capacitors that they replace I would be grateful
kungmats

Post by kungmats »

Hi!

Sorry for the delayed answer. I didn't notice I got answers :)

I haven't solved the problem yet but I did came over an schematic diagram if some one can help. See the url below.

I've change the capacitators: C121, C123, C124, C125, C133, C134 and C135 on the power board but It didn't help.

I don't have an oscilloscope :(

http://www.wale.se/DR-MH220_yd100sch.pdf

EDIT!
After changing the capacitators above the machine didn't work ... "I thought", but the next time I tryed it it worked just fine, and from that time (at least 2 weeks now) it works just fine. I can plug it out and in to the ac-jacket and it works fine every time. So I guess I punched the wrong buttons on my remote when I tryed the first time after the change.
andywilks

Post by andywilks »

Hi

Thanks for that info.

The most common voltage rail to give trouble is the 12v feed to the DVD drive (yellow pin on the 4 way connector) Often adding a small cap onto this pin and the negative/earth pin next to it will prove it. The correct capacitor on the pcb should still be changed, but this method I've found the quickest to prove..especially if you haven't an oscilloscope.

regards
Andrew
Marcello

DR-MH200 flashing "loading"

Post by Marcello »

Dear Andy,
Could you please help me to find information to check / or recover the HDD?
Problem is flashing loading.This I've already do:The powersupply was bad, all the caps on the powerboard have been replaced with good (low esr Pan.) caps. All the voltage's are ok without ripple. I've checked the HDD in the PC: it will be reconized in the bios and in the xp devicemanager the drive is visible. Further I did do nothing more with the disk. DVD drive I did check,its ok and working in a pc . Thanks in advance for your reaction!
Marcellino Jansen
andywilks

Post by andywilks »

If you hold the eject button for 10 seconds while plugging the unit in, does it eventually open the drawer?

If it does open, then the power supply is ok and probably the HDD is corrupt.

Check that then we will talk again
Andrew
Arttu

Re: DR-MH200 DR-MH300 Problems

Post by Arttu »

andywilks wrote:I have the software available for recovering the HDD corruption. contact me if you need it and I will let you know how to get it.

I need the software. I tried some freeware but they just say the disk has errors they can't fix.
Arttu

Post by Arttu »

The HDD on my unit cannot be fixed, according to Seagate SeaTools the first 109 sectors are bad and it fails the S.M.A.R.T self test.

So, I now have a broken DR-MH200 for sale if anyone needs it. The power supply board is fully functional as I've just spent 70 € to get it fixed. Also the DVD drive and remote are OK.

Send me a message if you need these.
jamie225

Re: DR-MH200 DR-MH300 Problems

Post by jamie225 »

good one