what is thw fileformat on the JVC HM-HDS1 HDD/SVHS Recorder

For all discussions regarding the JVC HM-HDS1 (40GB hard disk and S-VHS recorder)

Moderators: Geert Jan, andywilks

gks

what is thw fileformat on the JVC HM-HDS1 HDD/SVHS Recorder

Post by gks » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:09 am

Hello

I had a JVC HM-HDS1 HDD/SVHS Recorder but after crash it was not possible to repair so I had to throw it away :cry:
But I saved the HardDrive and thought it might be possible to save a lot of interesting recordings but when I try to access the HD connected to a PC no files is found :evil:

any help for converting to Windows filesystem!?!

Best wishes from
Göran Sundqvist
in Sweden
PS what is a Poll ?
name: Göran Krister Sundqvist (gks.se)
www.gks.se (you can use Google Translate!)

andywilks

Post by andywilks » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:34 am

Hi

The filesystem is unknown. It was developed for JVC in a hurry by Fujitsu. The only thing we know is that all the video recordings are on there in mpeg transport streams. I don't know how to get these off the HDD. Perhaps someone with very good HDD skills could tell us how?

AW

EdwardWilliams

Re: what is thw fileformat on the JVC HM-HDS1 HDD/SVHS Recorder

Post by EdwardWilliams » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:44 pm

Hello there I am so delighted I found your weblog, I really found you by error, while I was searching on Askjeeve for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say thank you for a fantastic post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I donít have time to read through it all at the moment but I have saved it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up the excellent work.

We ensure that each and every one of our clients eventually get there and benefit from organic visibility. Using winning digital marketing services singapore strategies, MediaOne has helped businesses have a significant increase in conversion rates, up to as much as 500%!