DRM1 PSU problems in standby

For all discussions regarding JVC DVD recorders.

Moderator: andywilks

rnzb

Post by rnzb »

hello sir
i have jvc dr-mh200sek
i noticed a minor problems when i purchased it
it was refurbished
the problems are:
-green lines when playback
-error on closing disc (most of the time)
- do not read many types of disc media brands

in anyway i came back one day and found that my recorder is not turning on anymore (no power or led )
i open it and found that str-g6653 has blown
also i noticed c5103 ang r5108 have black spots on them
my question is from where do i get these components (i live in Lebanon)
and what else i have to change
and what i do to not let this happen again

thank you very much in advance
rabie zubdeh
andywilks

Post by andywilks »

Hi Your initial problems were the capacitors needing replacement- as we have mentioned in the forum many times.
Now your power supply has blown up.

On the mains/Live side of the psu, You will need the STRG, the low value Res near it (5108?) the small capacitor near it, maybe other diodes and small resistors...all need checking- I can't say which have gone. Then on the secondary side you must replace any bulging capacitors and probably a few smaller capacitors.
Can I advise that if you are unfamiliar with electronics and soldering that the repair you are trying to do is a very difficult one. Also watch for the big mains reservoir capacitor holding a high voltage charge!!!

Andrew
rnzb

Post by rnzb »

thnx for replying
i did change the items mentioned and the machine worked again

but can you confirm plz which capacitors need to be changed for fixing the (finalizing disc error)

i noticed that error if the dvd drive unit is cold i mean if i play any disc for 2 mins and then finalize it will work.
this issue is killing me because i start burning and sleep it will record on media for 3 hours and then stop and then when i wake up to finalize it will give me error

thank you in advance
andywilks

Post by andywilks »

Its good that you have got the psu back working.

From your original post and from what you say now, it appears that the DVD drive is probably starting to fail. The symptoms of only recognising some discs and not reading/writing until its warm etc are all quite common when the drive is failing.

There are no official JVC bulletins about a finalize error.
There is new firmware available...which may/may not improve it...but it needs a JVC jig remote to get it into the unit :-( (firmware will only be for UK PAL version)

When replacing the DVD drive a different one is supplied now and there are quite a few modifications needed to get it to work :-(

I have a couple of pdf bulletins if you are interested...PM me with your email address.

regards
Andrew
efect2000

Post by efect2000 »

hi, its' possible to have theese bulletins? i send you my email by pm.
thank you
DinaXXVIII

Great reading too XXVIII

Post by DinaXXVIII »

Hi. A very cool site that I found on the Internet.
Check out this website. There's a great article there. https://fintechasia.net/2022/04/28/differences-between-ar-and-vr/

There will definitely be a lot of useful and cool information here.
You will find everything you dreamed of.
Attachments
192.gif
192.gif (3.67 KiB) Viewed 98 times