JVC DRM10 DRMH20 DRMH30 loading or sound problems

For all discussions regarding JVC DVD recorders.

Moderator: andywilks

PCE

Loadin

Post by PCE »

I am working on a DR-MH30SU for a friend. It has the Loading error with the blinking blue light. It did open the DVD drive after holding down the eject button for about 20 seconds. From a previous post, I think this means it is not power supply issue? None of the capacitors are bulging or have any leaks. Is there JVC software available to correct HDD corruption?
efect2000

Post by efect2000 »

hello, I follow this threat, as it speaks about the green lines. In sort of 2005, I bought one and suddenly green lines appeared, even being in warranty, I changed most of capacitors, but the problem was still there. Then , i sent it to the official service (in Girona-spain, where I live) and I was told, that firmware was updated. Since then, it has been working with not major problems than "normal". Now I have bought one faulty on ebay, it has these lines. First i have changed the hdd and the lines were there, then i changed the full power supply board and lines dissapeared. I have changed ALL the electrolytic capacitors and fixed some dry joints, but the problem still here. I put then the ps board with all the new capacitors to the other unit, and no green lines appear, I swapped again, and the last item bought with green lines, swapped again and no one has green lines.

Sorry, but i don't understand what "modded" stands for (google translator does not know xD) .
Can you help me? Thank you
andywilks

Post by andywilks »

Those symptoms sound like a bad connection on one of the pins on the SCART lead.

If the sound continues, it can't really be in the DRMH